HOLLA (Hands On Learning Lab Activities)
University of South Alabama, School of Computing is proud to partner with area schools to improve and/or enhance the teaching of STEM curriculum. This program endeavors to improve student success in all STEM disciplines, with a substantially increased number of high school graduates both STEM capable and Computer Science aware. To review a list of HOLLA offerings click here or visit our K-12 Resource Repository.
For all participating Partner Schools, please view our calendar of available dates to schedule your next HOLLA. Once you have identified an available date that fits your school’s needs, please
Partner School participation requirements:
In order to provide these activities at no charge to the Partner School, we must observe some requirements placed upon us by the USA administration:
- Must provide copy of current Certificate of Liability insurance covering your school's student activities while on the USA campus, reflecting minimum coverage of 1,000,000 per occurrence, 3,000,000 aggregate.
- Schools must have permission to take photographs of the students; including while on USA campus.
- Provide permission to give snacks to students or make alternate arrangements with SoC staff
- Partner School is responsible for the students and will provide chaperons (instructors, staff, parents, etc.) at a 10/1 student to chaperon ratio.
- Partner school is responsible for transporting the students to and from Shelby Hall, and bringing them into the atrium.
Note:The partner school is responsible for informing USA ahead of time of any special needs